- A tool to organize and guide employees how to behave properly in case of doubt or embarrassment. Users may consider the CoC as a reference and instruction that supports their daily decision-making activities.
- A reference document to emphasize the mission, values and principles of the business, and linking these factors to professional standards of conduct. The CoC may also be used to allocate documents, services and human resources related to ethical issues within the business.
- A manifesto announces the values or standards the organization comply with in operation. A well-designed and drafted set of rules can be used as a communication tool and reflects the organization’s agreement on the values that the organization most values.
- The Code of Conduct creates trust and confidence in public and community toward the organization in ethical aspect.
- Directing behaviors and decisions in the business.
- Ensuring the accountability and integrity of management decisions and interactions with related partners.
- Setting a standard basis for all business members to compare and apply to their specific jobs.
- Conveying positive values, commitments, and images of the business to customers, partners and society.
Within this scope, The Code of Conduct is understood to be:
“The principles and standards of conduct promulgated uniformly used by businesses to ensure the acheivement of the company’s core values ; prevent violations of professional and business ethics ; and promote a fair and responsible entrepreneurial spririt”.